Unarmed Protection Officer
Under the supervision of a superior officer, the Security Officer serve as an unsworn security officer in high-rise locations; performs a variety of general and specific security functions in order to preserve and protect life and property, enforce laws and ordinances, prevent and detect crime on CMHA premises, and perform emergency functions. May be armed or unarmed. Involves an element of personal risk. No supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read and write the English language, communicate effectively, and interact well with the public.
- Ability to work any shift and when called in for emergencies.
- Ability to complete CPR and first aid certification requirements are required.
- Ability to analyze situations rapidly and objectively, and determine proper courses of action.
- Skill in handling vehicles in both normal and emergency conditions.
- Physical agility.
- Private Security Training Certification by the Ohio Peace Officers Training Council preferred.
- Passage of physical and psychological examinations and requirements.
- Passage of a drug screening test.
- Clean criminal record.
- Reliable transportation to CMHA.
- Possession of a personal home telephone.
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator’s license (check for CDL substitute) with no more than three points, and insurability under Agency policies
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator's license and insurability under agency policies.