Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP)
Under the direction of a higher classified employee, the Eligibility Specialist performs annual recertification and interim re-examinations to determine continuing eligibility status for the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Receive family background data and analyze/calculate financial information to determine applicant and participant eligibility. The Eligibility Specialist must be dedicated to the Authority’s mission and vision and will uphold the shared values of commitment, respect, accountability, excellence and safety to internal and external stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
One to two years prior experience in a program serving low-income clientele or social service area. Experience in the Housing Choice Voucher Program as Program Assistant, scheduler or other related job duties preferred.
- Broad knowledge of federal, state and local statues, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines related to low-income housing and social services, with emphasis on HCVP guidelines.
- Broad knowledge of organizational development, management, and business operations.
- Ability to deal with many variables and determine specific courses of action.
- Ability to gather and classify information and prepare meaningful, concise, and accurate reports.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with external organizations and agency personnel.
- Ability to analyze mathematical/financial data.
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator's license and insurability under agency policies.