Supervisor of Applications
Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP)
Under the general direction of the Director of HCVP or designee, the Supervisor of Applications oversees the operation of the application process for HCVP applicants. Manages the tenant-based, PBV, and VASH waiting lists within all statutory, regulatory, policy, and procedural guidelines. Responsible for ensuring the screening process and that all administrative requirements are satisfactorily completed. The selected candidate will be passionate about the Authority’s mission and will strive to advance the mission, vision, and values to internal and external stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Associate’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field required. Bachelor’s degree in public administration or business administration is preferred.
At least five (5) years’ experience in public housing or large public sector environment. At least five (5) years’ experience in a customer service driven setting. Experience managing and supervising staff.
- Ability to communicate and follow instructions, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather and classify information, and interpret financial data and reports.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of documents and materials processed.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with the general public, CMHA residents, and other CMHA employees.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and uphold agency ethics.
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator's license and insurability under agency policies.