Customer Service Supervisor
Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP)
Under the general direction of the Director of HCVP or designee, the Customer Service Supervisor serves as a catalyst for providing proactive solutions, inquiry research/resolution and root cause analysis for HCVP Participants, Landlords, Applicants, and other concerned parties. The incumbent ensures that customer problems and complaints are resolved and/or routed timely to appropriate HCVP staff for resolution; follows up with staff and customers to see that resolutions are satisfactorily resolved. The Customer Service Supervisor oversees the dissemination of accurate program information and assists in resolving problems and complaints in a timely manner in accordance with HUD rules and regulations and Agency policy and procedures.
The selected candidate will be passionate about the Authority’s mission and will strive to advance the mission, vision, and values to internal and external stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Associate’s Degree in public administration, business administration or closely related field required. Bachelor’s degree in public administration or business administration is preferred.
At least five (5) years’ experience in public housing or large public sector environment. At least five (5) years’ experience in a customer service driven setting. Experience managing and supervising staff.
- Ability to work in a team environment and build effective relationships with co-workers.
- Knowledge of Housing Choice Voucher Program rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of software systems and major data system experience.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and organize data.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills in planning and work production.
- Experience in customer services preferable with public sector clients.
- Research and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to articulate service area needs to management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and uphold agency ethics.
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator's license and insurability under agency policies.