Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP)
Under the general direction of the Director of HCVP or designee, the Operations Specialist is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations for annuals and interims. Performs analysis of workflow systems and provides recommendations for improvement to management. Responsible for maintaining control of the daily operational functions of the assigned area, such as scheduling clients, report monitoring to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of servicing needs of the clients and program. The selected candidate will be passionate about the Authority’s mission and will strive to advance the mission, vision, and values to internal and external stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
High School Diploma required. An Associate’s degree is preferred.
Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in government business preferable in subsidized housing or related field. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of operations and production planning.
- Ability to work in a team environment and build effective relationships with co-workers.
- Knowledge of Housing Choice Voucher Program rules and regulations.
- Possess basic math skills.
- Knowledge of software systems and major data system experience.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and organize data.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills in planning and work production.
- Experience in customer services preferable with public sector clients.
- Research and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to articulate service area needs to management.
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator's license and insurability under agency policies.