Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP)
Under the general direction of the Director of HCVP or designee, the Ombudsman functions as the liaison between various community stakeholders and internal operations for the CMHA programs to ensure timely communication of information and resolution of issues. The incumbent will provide assistance to enhance the accessibility to the CMHA and communicate the Authority’s message to outside entities to include elected/appointed officials, community groups and resident leadership. The Ombudsman may provide administrative oversight for the development of informational materials and responses to informational requests in a variety of media. The selected candidate will be passionate about the Authority’s mission and will strive to advance the mission, vision, and values to internal and external stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Political Science, Urban Planning or closely related field required. Master’s degree in public administration or business administration is preferred.
Three (3) to five (5) years’ in management with responsibilities for government relations and/or communications. Experience in working with elected officials and within a public housing authority is preferred. A broad knowledge of federal, state, and local legislation related to affordable and assisted housing is preferred.
- A well-developed ability to communicate and interact effectively with elected officials and their representatives, CMHA resident leadership, CMHA Staff and other stakeholders with differing opinions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively run meetings and achieve consensus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to make clear, concise and meaningful public presentations as an Authority representative.
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator's license and insurability under agency policies.