Welcome to the CMHA Applicant/Participant Portal! This portal was created for you, our HCVP applicants and participants, so that you can quickly and easily send and retrieve information from the HCVP department.
Applicants will be able to complete various online forms, view wait list status, and more! Participants will also be able to complete various online forms, but you will also be able to view certification details and utility information, view your next recertification date, download a copy of your HAP contract, and more!
Please use the online suggestion form to let us know if there is a new feature you would like to see within the Applicant/Participant Portal.
Tenant-Paid Security Deposit Credit
Beginning June 15, 2020, CMHA is offering up to $600.00 as a credit toward tenant-paid security deposits!
As an expression of our appreciation to the landlord community across Cuyahoga County together with our commitment to assist tenant-based voucher holders as they lease safe, decent, and affordable housing, the Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority (CMHA) is offering up to $600.00 as a credit against Tenant-paid security deposits for all New (initial) contracts with an effective date of June 15, 2020 and later. Please note this important information:
- This opportunity is only available for new (initial) contracts beginning June 15, 2020 and will continue through the remainder of the year until available funding is exhausted
- This opportunity is available only for new move-ins located in Cuyahoga County
- CMHA will provide a credit up to $600.00 to be applied to the security deposit required by a landlord for a new move-in. The voucher holder is responsible for any amount of security deposit due to the landlord that is over $600.00
- This security deposit credit will be paid directly to the Landlord by CMHA with the first subsidy payment
- At end of the Lease, if you are eligible for a return of the security deposit under the terms of your Lease, you are entitled to any remaining security deposit amount – including any security deposit amounts paid by CMHA
- Voucher holders referred from a Project-Based or Moderate Rehabilitation waiting list are not eligible for this initiative
For further assistance, please contact your Eligibility Specialist or you may also call the Client Information Center at 216.431.1471, press 1
One-time bonus and security deposit credit FAQs (PDF)
IMPORTANT NOTICE - HCVP HQS INSPECTIONS
The Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority (CMHA) prioritizes the health and safety of our communities and wants to ensure the well-being of all our employees, residents and partners. As the outbreak of COVID-19, commonly known as the novel coronavirus, continues to impact the greater Cleveland area, CMHA is taking extra precautionary measures. In an effort to minimize risk, until further notice, the following HQS inspections schedule adjustments will be made:
Annual/biennial and Special Inspections:
- CMHA will postpone annual/biennial and special inspections, until further notice.
Emergency Inspection Requests:
- If you currently occupy a home on the HCV Program and experience an emergency, please contact the CMHA Inspections Department by calling 216-431-1471 and selecting option 3. CMHA will continue to conduct emergency health and safety related HQS inspections.
Questions? The HCV program's HQS inspections team can be reached (during office hours for staff located at 8120 Kinsman Road) at 216-431-1471 by selecting option 3.
CMHA Drop Box
The Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority (CMHA) is pleased to announce that a secure document drop box was installed to conveniently drop off documents at CMHA. The drop box is located in the vestibule area inside the main entrance doorway at the CMHA Campus at 8120 Kinsman Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44104. There is a sign on the wall that identifies the drop box. We hope this drop box will make it more convenient for applicants and participants to submit documents to the housing authority and decrease the in-office wait time. CMHA staff will regularly be picking up the contents of the drop box throughout the day, Monday through Friday.
Acceptable documents to place in the Drop Box include:
- Voucher Extension Requests
- Informal Review Requests
- Hearing Requests
- Reasonable Accommodation Requests
- Address/Phone Number Updates
- Required Doc Drop Off Information
- Temporary Address Forms
- FSS Applications
- Cancelation of Port Requests
- Informal Rent Review Information
Please let us know if you have any further questions and we thank you for your participation in our Housing Choice Voucher Program.
Starting Your Housing Search?
Learn about the diverse neighborhoods Cleveland has to offer. Clicking on a neighborhood will provide you with more information about it.
Stuck in your search? Click the icon in the lower right corner of the site to enter discovery mode. From here, you can click on the map to show us areas you’ve already been looking for housing. LikelyHoods will take these places and suggest similar neighborhoods for you to explore.
www.likelyhoods.com (external site link)
After finding a neighborhood you like, head over to www.gosection8.com (external site link) or a similar site to look for available housing in that area.
2018 HCVP Lottery Winners