Working at CMHA
The Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We employ over 800 people in locations throughout Cuyahoga County.
Employment Opportunities at CMHA
We encourage you to apply for a position with one of the largest housing authorities in the country. Public Housing residents and Housing Choice Voucher Program participants are strongly encouraged to apply. Come enjoy a wonderful work environment, receive competitive benefits and help make a difference in the community.
We are committed to providing a safe and drug-free workplace. Drug testing and criminal background checks are required for all positions. A driving record check is required with those positions in which vehicles must be operated.
CMHA requires interested individuals to submit a résumé with a cover letter or CMHA application for current job postings. Applicants should submit one résumé or application for each position they apply for. CMHA will only accept submissions postmarked or received by the closing date of each posting.
Submitting your résumé and cover letter through the online application is preferred. Apply online.
CMHA will retain all applications and résumés in active files for six (6) months.
Opportunities with CMHA Police Department (CMHA PD)
The CMHA Police Department currently has an authorized strength of approximately 135 police and security officers who patrol and maintain the safety of 15,000 public housing residents throughout Cuyahoga County. They effectively patrol 60 CMHA developments that are located in Cleveland, Berea, Cleveland Heights, East Cleveland and Oakwood Village, Ohio, in marked cars, bicycles, and on foot.
Individuals with a commitment to integrity, professionalism and respect, as well as a desire to improve the quality of life for others are invited to join the CMHA Police Department in shaping a safe and secure community for CMHA residents.
View opportunities with the CMHA PD
- CMHA Properties are recognized with the Northeast Ohio Apartment Association (NOAA) Key Awards
- National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials Awards
- American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksites Gold Award
- Cleveland Corporate Challenge Award-Winning Teams
CMHA Employee Benefits
The primary CMHA Benefits Package for regular, full-time employees consists of:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Sick Leave and Personal Days
- Direct Deposit and Debit Card of Paychecks
- Holiday Pay (12 per year)
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) Plan
- Uniform issuance and clothing allowance, if applicable
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit union
- Free parking
- Healthy Living Employee Wellness Program