HCVP is Absorbing Ports Effective 8/1/2017
Port Session Schedule
PORT OUT Sessions- Thursdays at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., PORT IN Sessions- Fridays at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Porting Into & Out of Cuyahoga County
Families with Tenant-Based Vouchers can port, or transfer their voucher, to or from any Housing Choice Voucher Program in the United States and its territories. This feature enables families to reside in their area of choice and to have access to better job and educational opportunities along with residing closer to family and friends.
Please have your originating housing authority send all required port paperwork to CMHA’s Housing Choice Voucher Program. All port-in’s to CMHA must meet with following requirements:
- Must currently be in “Good Standing” with the originating housing authority
- Must meet CMHA’s Housing Choice Voucher Program’s current income guidelines
- Head of Household and all adult household members, over the age of 18, must be present for the port-in session
- Please bring the following documents with you to the port-in session: birth certificates for all family members, Social Security cards for all family members, valid ID’s for all family members (age 18 and older) and proof of income for all family members.
Port In Sessions are held every Friday (excluding Holidays) at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. at CMHA’s main campus located at 8120 Kinsman Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44104. Port In Sessions are done on a walk in basis at the scheduled times. After the Port In Session, families will be expected to attend the Movers Session to learn about the moving process.
Please note: Your originating housing authority must send all your port paperwork to CMHA before you will be able to attend a port-in session. Please follow up with your originating housing authority to make sure that this is done before you attempt to attend a session.
HCVP Main Number: 216-431-1471
Eligibility Specialist/Portability Contact: Sherry Williams (216) 271-2632
Fax: (216) 271-2679
Housing Authorities: Please submit all port requests (including the HUD-52665) through our portal.
Port-Out Sessions are held every Thursday (excluding holidays) at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. All sessions are held at CMHA’s Main Campus Building, 8120 Kinsman Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44104. Port-Out Sessions are done on a walk-in basis at the scheduled times.
You must attend a Port-Out Session to port-out of Cuyahoga County. Families must be in “Good Standing” to be eligible to port-out. The following requirements are necessary:
- Must have resided in your subsidized unit for at least one year and eligible to move under the current lease agreement.
- Have completed a current Annual Recertification.
- Head of Household and all adult household members, over the age of 18, must be present and pass a criminal background check.
- Must not be currently pending/undergoing an eviction process.
- Must be in good standing and not be under a Proposal of Termination status.
- Must bring all family members’ birth certificates, Social Security cards, valid photos ID’s (for all adult family members 18 and older) and a copy of your 30 day notice to vacate or a letter from your landlord acknowledging your intent to vacate the unit.
HCVP Main Number: (216) 431-1471
Eligibility Specialist/Portability Contact: Michael Englehart (216) 271-2459
Fax: (216) 271-2679